Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inspiring Aspiring Youth Authors



On September 3, I had the opportunity to meet some wonderful young women at a Sneak Peak Read in Bremerton, Washington. One of my goals in holding these events is to encourage young people to consider their own writing abilities and to discover that they indeed have stories to share! I was thrilled to receive an email from a woman who attended the event with her daughter. She said her daughter had been quite discouraged about her own writing because her English teacher had been so negative and critical of her efforts to do so. However, after the Sneak Peak Read the girl felt a renewed energy and was excited to start writing again! I'd like to think it was Reilly (the protagonist in the novel) who actually inspired this girl. Here's a fun photo...the host served almond-glazed croissants. I had two! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. yes!...for you...

    "this infamy.O my prince is delicious!"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's another one of those moments where I wish I still lived in Washington State. Looks like everyone had fun.

    ReplyDelete