Tuesday, September 6, 2011

W - Writer's Conferences

Choosing which writer's conferences to attend (and budgeting for it!) is sort of like trying to choose what kind of ice cream to buy at Baskin Robbins. I love 'em all! Well, most of them. I'd attend one every month if I could afford it. Many conferences are typically held in the summer, so if you've missed getting to one this season, go online now and do a search of conferences in your area and get booked for 2012. If you can afford the travel, find out where the agents and publishers who best represent your genre will be attending. I'm fortunate to live in the Northwest, basically a mecca for writers, with many conferences nearby to choose from. If you're in the Northwest, or if you're not, check out the following conferences for next year: www.pnwa.org in Seattle area and www.writeon whidbey.org on Whidbey Island. These are two of my favorites! Check out your local library and bookstores for guest authors, speakers, and smaller workshops. Whenever I go to a conference, I do so with an open mind, ready to absorb information like a sponge and with an attitude that there is always more to learn about craft, industry and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment