Monday, January 7, 2013

Chocolate is the Only Answer!


With the simultaneous launching of "Stelladaur: Finding Tir Na Nog" and the online academy for youth, The Stelladaur Academy, just around the corner (March 1, 2013), I'm brainstorming coping methods of dealing with the continual stress of meeting numerous deadlines. A10-day tropical vacation at an all-inclusive resort would be ideal.  The next thing that comes to my mind is a full-body massage. The truth is I'd settle for nice, luxurious bubble bath. But how do I justify the time? If only my Mac was waterproof!  Due to recent cold temperatures, I haven't even been on my run in days.  Since I don't drink, the only feasible solution is chocolate.

It absolutely must be the real stuff--70% or more cocoa. None of those cheap department store candy-bar type imitation confections.  Gag!  A bag of Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips comes close, but doesn't quite ease the anxiety I feel.  Dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt is almost intoxicating.  I also love anything with a hint of exotic fruits like pommegranate, blueberries or mango.  And the right blend of mint can do wonders, too.

I admit I may be on the verge of "chocoholism" just thinking about the options.  But on the other hand, I've been working straight for the past nine hours with only a bowl of cereal, a banana and two granola bars to eat all day.  I could just be delirious with hunger, right?  And for some odd reason I'm craving spinach.  This is insane! I'm getting up right now and making myself (and my family) some dinner.  I think we'll have spinach omelets.  And then I'm heading to town to get some gourmet chocolate and a bottle of organic pear bubble bath!


2 comments:

  1. For me, it's decaf green tea with lemon. Six cups at a time! And sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like exercise. I'm not one to go run when I'm stressed or mad, but regular workouts help minimize the stress for me. But then pouting in the corner with a great book works too. ;P Thank you for stopping by the blog and visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete