Saturday, January 17, 2015

FADING HEART: Chapter Four, Echtra

Chapter Four: Echtra

(Reilly and Lottie are in the courtyard at the Embassy and have just discovered something remarkable. I can only share a short excerpt without giving away vital information to the story. “An Echtra is an Irish legend which tells of adventurers who travel to Tir Na Nog. Every adventurer needs an Echtra to guide him or her along the journey. An Echtra is a story—but it also becomes the hero in the story.”)


     Lottie gasped and covered her mouth with both hands. Reilly stared at her, somewhat in shock himself.
     “If this is true, then you must be the one,” she said quietly.
     “No, I’m notI just told you, we can only be friends.”
     “Yes, I understand that now, but there is something else you do not know.”
     He remained silent and waited for her to continue. After all, none of the past few days had been anything he had expected.
     “You said that you believe your father is in Tir Na Nog. How is it that you came to believe this?” Lottie’s eyes widened and she stepped closer to Reilly. “Have you been there?” 
     “No, but I’ve been to places just beyond its borders. Every time I go through another portal, I think I’ll find Tir Na Nog. But I can’t quite seem to get there.”
     “I know what you mean.” Lottie sighed.
     “You do? Have you been there? I thought you said it was only an old Irish legend.”
     "That's what my mother said, but I think she's wrong. I've been searching for this magical place since I was little, and I feel in my heart that it does exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment