Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Favorite Places to Write






I take my computer with me everywhere but most days I can be found in one of my three favorite places to write: the beach, my front porch, or at "Lollipops"--the children's boutique where I work. All are places of creativity. The photos make it appear that I have exclusive domain to these alleged writing retreats but I struggle with the fact that people are coming and going at each of these locations all the time. Isn't it every author's dream to write uninterrupted...even for just a chapter? Right...only in our dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shari, You don't know me but you do know Tristalene Morgansen. She is my bestest friend. We grew up together in Silverdale. She sent me a link to your blog because she knows that I love to write. I love your blog too. It's a mine of information about writing. I wish that I would have approached my blog with a more centered fearless view... like you have. I've been meaning to change my blog; I haven't updated it in awhile. Out of sight, out of mind. I think it's a lack of courage with sharing my words with the WWW. Here's a link if you want to take a look. www.ginia-ringabell.blogspot.com
    Anyway, thanks for adding your favorite writing references links. I will peruse them, and add your blog to my favorites.
    Your writer friend, Virginia Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Ginia via blogging...and I would love to in person. Any friend of Tristalene's is a friend of mine. The whole blogging thing is all new to me. And I totally get the fear of putting yourself and your work in front of others. The important thing is to keep writing and then one day you'll find the portal that bridges the gap between fear and courage. I read your blog...it's great...I really like the post: "What does Ginia do besides read?" Great idea for all those writers out there to realize that real life goes on as we learn to mesh our passion for writing with our passion for life.

    ReplyDelete