Tuesday, February 5, 2013

25 Days to Launch: Book Trailer Buzz!!


A lot of people don't know what a book trailer is and have never seen one.  Basically, it's like a movie trailer, except designed to promote a book.  The difference is that book trailers don't always have actual footage.  Sometimes they are created with still shots, or a slide-show type thing, both which are usually VERY tacky and unprofessional.  I was very fortunate to work with Garrett Gibbons at Aderyn Productions who really understands not only the essence of what I wanted, but the need for various technical and artistic aspects to work together harmoniously and seamlessly.  He is a gifted director, film producer and editor.  He also does amazing photography!  I wrote the script for the book trailer which included the scene elements, locations, and ideas for scoring.  Garrett finessed the entire project to bring all the pieces together in an incredibly powerful way.  The actors who played the roles of Reilly and Norah were amazing and very fun to work with!  I had been looking for the right dog to play the role of Tuma and one day, only days before we were scheduled to shoot that scene, I looked out my front window and saw Wensley, my neighbor's dog.  Of course!  Wensley is perfect!  So true that the things we need most are often right in front of us.



The entire project was incredibly rewarding.  It was only stressful because it was filmed in the middle of editing the book, working with endless details for getting the book published, preparing for the launch of The Stelladaur Academy, and oh yeah...life!  But doing what we love to do, in the middle of everything else, is life, right?  Gotta love it!

If you haven't had a chance to see the trailer, here is the link on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk2dUZ0jS7A  Please click the "like" button and share the link on Facebook.  I'm so excited for you to see it!  With only 25 days till launch, let's create some real Book Trailer Buzz!!!  And I'd love to hear your personal response to the trailer.  Send me an email at fiction@slwhyte.com.

That's it for today.  Tomorrow I will introduce you to the artist who did the cover art.  And I'll post the full jacket cover art so you get a sneak peek at his amazing work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment